CHIMA announces board of directors
July 8, 2015
LONDON, Ont. – The Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA) is pleased to announce the appointment of Kathleen Addison (pictured), CHIM (AB), as chair of the board and the election of three new members to the CHIMA Board of Directors.
“We are fortunate to have Kathleen Addison’s vision and leadership as part of our Board of Directors as we move into a new stage of growth and collaboration with our provincial associations,” said Gail Crook, CEO and Registrar of CHIMA. “Kathleen’s experience and knowledge of the health information management profession and her strategic vision for the future professional will support and align CHIMA in their vision as the change leader in health information management.”
Kathleen is an HIM Professional with more than 35 years of experience. She started her HIM career as a Health Record Technician and through lifelong learning and progressive roles has worked from the file room to the board room. She has worked in acute-care hospitals in Ontario and Alberta and now leads Health Information Management as a Senior Provincial Director for Alberta Health Services. Kathleen is passionate about HIM and is excited about the emerging opportunities.
“The CHIMA Board of Directors is a diverse group of experts from senior HIM roles, education, and healthcare, and possess a high-level of business acumen,” said Kathleen. “Through careful decisions, strategic relationships and a strong advocacy campaign, the CHIMA Board of Directors is committed to the HIM profession. Our new three-year Strategic Plan will evolve, advance and grow the health information management profession.”
CHIMA is also pleased to announce its newly elected Board Directors:
- Charmaine Shaw (Vice-Chair) – Director and an independent HIM Consultant based out of Ontario.
- Sandra Cotton (Ontario) – Sandra is the Health Information Management Program Coordinator for the Centre for Distance Education, and is based in Ontario.
- Christine Bolduc (Québec) – Christine is the Manager of Health Information Management at Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Montréal.
- Karen Carlson (Alberta) – Karen is the incoming Chair of the Council on Education and Professional Practice, and Director of Provincial Services for Health Information Management, based out of Lethbridge Alberta.
- Gail Crook (Ontario) – Gail is the CEO & Registrar of CHIMA/CCHIM.
- Nancy Haugen (British Columbia) – Nancy is a Director. She is a Decision Support Analyst and the Medical Credentialing Coordinator at St. Joseph’s Health Care in Comox, British Columbia.
- Marlene Raasok (Ontario) – Marlene is a new Director. She is the Executive Dean for the School of Health and Life Sciences and Community Services at Conestoga College in Kitchener, Ontario.
- Altaf Stationwala (Ontario) – Altaf is a Director. He is the President & CEO of the Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, in Ontario.
- Robert Van Oort (Secretary Treasurer) – Robert is a new Director. He is the Vice President of Corporate Services and Chief Privacy Officer at the Dryden Health Centre, Dryden, Ontario.
The Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA) is the national organization that represents leadership and excellence in health information management. CHIMA supports continuing education and professional practice of HIM professionals; develops strategic partnerships to advance the development and integration of electronic HIM; and advocates for and strengthens the HIM role in healthcare settings across the continuum of care.