Build the skills to negotiate an effective IT agreement
October 4, 2017
TORONTO – In this intensive Osgoode certificate, an expert faculty of legal and IT specialists from leading technology companies will provide you with the knowledge and practical skills you need to competently and confidently negotiate and draft IT agreements.
Reinforce your understanding of key concepts by applying what you’ve learned in small group “learn-by-doing” drafting and negotiation workshops, where you will benefit from personalized feedback from experienced experts.
Online courses begin in January, with in-person sessions available in February, March and April.
- Fundamentals of IT system components, players and activities
- Advanced negotiation strategies and tactics
- The key IP issues that affect IT agreements
- Strategies for allocating liability in an IT contract
- Critical cross-border considerations
- Dealing with IT contracting issues in Cloud, SaaS and App environments
- Best practices for proceeding ethically in contract negotiations
- Critical security and privacy issues and how to manage them
- Addressing compliance challenges in open source software licensing
- Drafting and negotiation issues that impact IT agreements
- The Osgoode Certificate in Negotiating and Drafting IT Agreements
- ONLINE & IN-PERSON PROGRAM
- 2 Online Modules – Available January 15, 2018
- 3 One-day modules (In Person or Webcast) – February 8 – March 8, 2018
- One day skills workshop (In Person only) – April 5, 2018
In addition to the comprehensive course materials, participants will receive the text Technology Contracting: Law, Precedents and Commentary – a value of almost $600. Included are checklists, annotated sample agreements, and precedents which you can put to immediate use in your organization or practice.
To learn more or register, please click here: http://www.osgoodepd.ca/upcoming_programs/the-osgoode-certificate-in-negotiating-and-drafting-it-agreements/