Intelerad announces launch of AI initiative
June 7, 2018
MONTREAL – Intelerad Medical Systems, a leader in enterprise workflow solutions, has announced the launch of its Artificial Intelligence initiative, along with the expansion of its partnership with Blackford to offer Blackford Platform, a single platform to access and manage multiple medical image analysis applications.
Intelerad is expanding its expertise in Machine Learning technologies, imaging workflow intelligence and analytics. In parallel, Intelerad will be working with the most advanced Clinical AI providers through Blackford.
“As a long-time partner of Intelerad, Blackford was a natural choice to become the first component of our best-of-breed Clinical Artificial Intelligence platform,” said Christian Bazinet (pictured), COO Intelerad Medical Systems. “Our collaboration around the Blackford Auto-registration tool (3D cursor) has been very successful and we are excited to offer even more image analysis applications to our clients on the same platform.”
By getting quick access to condition-specific actionable information, healthcare professionals can achieve better patient outcomes and improve diagnostic confidence. Radiologists can spend less time on manual tasks and focus on the enriched data provided by the multiple applications accessible through Blackford’s platform to add clinical value and reduce costs.
“It used to be extremely time-consuming for procurement, PACS administrators and IT departments to deploy new clinical imaging applications, as each one required extensive technology and workflow integration,” said Ben Panter, CEO of Blackford. “This extension of the partnership gives a new, simplified and accelerated route for adoption of regulatory cleared image analysis applications and AI algorithms, and we are delighted to make it available to all Intelerad clients.”
At launch, some of the applications that will be made available to Intelerad’s clients include:
- axial3D – Provides easy access to medical 3D printing to deliver deeper insight into anatomy and pathology, save time in surgery to diminish risks to patients, and increase savings.
- Blackford Registration (3D Cursor) – Already integrated with Intelerad IntelePACS to automate image registration to save time, enhance efficiency and improve the quality of reporting and care.
- CorTechs Labs – NeuroQuant supports clinicians to quantify brain structure and LesionQuant enables easy evaluation of a variety of neurological conditions.
- Icometrix – For MRI Brain studies, optimizes the treatment selection process to support early prognoses and be able to initiate, stop or change therapies earlier.
- As new applications become available, they will be added and made accessible to Intelerad clients through their existing Blackford Platform, greatly reducing costs associated with procurement and deployment.
Intelerad is a leader in enterprise workflows, specializing in diagnostic viewing, reporting, and collaboration solutions for hospitals, imaging centers and reading groups. Renowned for their innovative features and functionality, Intelerad solutions, such as IntelePACS®, InteleViewer™, cosmosOne™ and InteleOne® XE, increase productivity and streamline workflow by overcoming technical barriers in distributed and complex environments. Highly scalable, flexible and robust, Intelerad’s solutions offer high performance and industry leading customer service and support. For more information, visit www.intelerad.com.
Blackford provides a single platform to quickly access and manage regulatory cleared medical image analysis applications and AI algorithms that add clinical value. Easily integrated into existing workflows, the platform provides actionable information that allows healthcare providers to use imaging information smartly and reduce the cost of care, while improving diagnostic confidence and patient outcomes. Founded in 2010, and with operations in the United Kingdom and the United States, Blackford Analysis is backed by TRI Cap, Old College Capital, and Archangel Investors, one of the UK’s leading business angel syndicates. For more information, visit www.blackfordanalysis.com.