McKesson launches 2011-2012 grants program
MONTREAL – The McKesson Foundation has announced the launch of its 2011-2012 Regional Grants Program, a Canada-wide campaign that each year provides financial assistance to non-profit organizations whose mission is to assist children and youth in the areas of health, education and poverty.
McKesson Canada would like to encourage the submission of grant applications for one-time specific projects or programs. The Canadian Regional Grants Program typically awards grants that range in size from $2,500 to $25,000. The McKesson Foundation is operating from the United States and grants are paid in US dollars.
• Grant applications deadline: October 31, 2011
• Selection announcements: Spring 2012
• All grant applications must be submitted by email to:
For more information on the Regional Grants Program or to obtain the application form and selection criteria, please visit: http://www.mckesson.ca/en/corporate-citizenship/mckesson-foundation
McKesson Canada cares about the communities in which it operates and is deeply committed to building healthier and stronger communities by making a difference in the lives of children, youth and their families. The Canadian Regional Grants Program awarded close to $250,000 to charities in 2011.
Congratulations to the following 2010-2011 Regional Grant Recipients (amounts below are in Canadian dollars):
• Sir Hugh John Macdonald Memorial Hostel ($17,000) – Manitoba
• Zebra Child Protection Centre Society ($19,000) – Alberta
• Children’s Cottage Society of Calgary ($16,000) – Alberta
• YWCA of Calgary ($25,000) – Alberta
• Pathways for Children, Youth and Families of York Region ($20,000) – Ontario
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of York ($12,000) – Ontario
• The Canadian National Institute for the Blind ($15,900) – Ontario
• La Traversée ($25,000) – Québec
• West Island Palliative Care Residence ($25,000) – Québec
• Sun Youth Organization Inc. ($20,660) – Québec
• Starlight Starbright Children’s Foundation Canada ($15,000) – Québec
• CCS Community Services ($15,013) – Québec
About the McKesson Foundation
Founded in 1943, the McKesson Foundation is an initiative of McKesson Corporation, based in San Francisco. It is committed to building healthier communities where McKesson employees work and live.
About McKesson Canada
Founded more than 100 years ago, McKesson Canada is dedicated to delivering vital medicines, supplies and information technologies that enable the health care industry to provide patients better, safer care. Our solutions empower pharmacies, manufacturers, hospitals and other health care institutions by enabling them to get closer to the 12 million patients they serve every single day, while contributing to the quality and safety of care in Canada.
Posted October 6, 2011