PHILADELPHIA – Canadian small and medium-sized companies seeking to grow their healthcare IT business in the United States are invited to the Digital Health IT Best Practices conference, March 12 and 13, 2015 at Jefferson University in Philadelphia.
Philadelphia is one of the top launch sites for health IT in the American market. If you are interested in expanding your business into the U.S., consider applying to take part in our event on March 12 and 13. There, you will:
• Be one of 12 Canadian companies to share your best practices to an invited audience of over 100 healthcare professionals and investors;
• Meet with the region’s top health IT influencers;
• Participate in panel discussions and networking including at an opening night reception;
• Learn about opportunities in the mid-Atlantic region and with the Canadian Technology Accelerator program (CTA HealthIT) in Philadelphia;
• Attend a free pitch clinic with experienced mentors.
Eligibility to take part
There is no charge for qualifying companies. Companies will be selected in a competitive application process and must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Canadian-based SMEs focused on patient-centered solutions utilizing health information technology, mobile communication devices and/or telemedicine to improve clinical processes, patient compliance and improve health and wellness.
• Export-ready companies that have already demonstrated proof of concept and market acceptance through pilot studies and revenue generation.
• Strong management capabilities including financial management and business strategy.
About the CTA Health IT program
Successful SMEs may also apply for the CTA Health IT program. This free 6-month accelerator program gives Canadian SMEs mentorship from industry experts, connections to Angel and VC networks, regional funding and strategic partnerships. SMEs will also have the opportunity to take part in workshop seminars and conference and demo days.
Contact: Vincent Finn
Consulate General of Canada