Led by P. Bradley Limpert (pictured), an expert faculty of legal and IT specialists from leading technology companies will provide you with the knowledge and practical skills you need to competently and confidently negotiate and draft IT agreements.
Over four intensive days you will acquire a comprehensive overview of key factors relevant to structuring an IT agreement, and practical tools which will enable you to draft and negotiate the contentious clauses. You will also learn the critical business, technological, and IP aspects underlying IT agreements, so that you can approach your contracts with a thorough grounding in fundamental concepts.
• Fundamentals of IT System components, players and activities
• Advanced negotiation strategies and tactics
• The key IP issues that affect IT agreements
• Strategies for allocating liability in an IT contract
• Critical cross-border considerations
• Best practices for proceeding ethically in contract negotiations
• Critical security and privacy issues and how to manage them
• Addressing compliance challenges in open source software licensing
• Drafting and negotiation issues that impact IT agreements
Your learning will be enhanced and reinforced by putting what you’ve learned into action with small group, skills-based “learn by doing” drafting and negotiation workshops where you will receive personalized feedback from experienced IT agreement professionals.
In addition to the comprehensive course materials, participants will receive the text Technology Contracting: Law, Precedents and Commentary, which includes checklists, annotated sample agreements, and precedents.
To learn more or register, please click here.