It will also feature special sessions on mHealth, evaluation methods, and home and community care. This year, the event will be held April 24-25 at Mohawk College, in Hamilton, Ont., in conjunction with Mohawk’s AppsforHealth.
AppsForHealth is quickly becoming Ontario’s premier information-sharing, networking and recruiting event for the mHealth and eHealth industries. This interactive, one-day event provides a valuable opportunity for professionals from healthcare, technology and education to come together to discuss current and emerging trends in health and education technology.
The keynote speaker at the Condensed Edition Bootcamp and AppsforHealth event is Dr. Brian Goldman (pictured), an Emergency Physician, broadcaster and medical watchdog with a passion for compassion. Dr. Goldman is the best-selling author of The Night Shift and The Secret Language of Doctors. He also hosts CBC’s White Coat, Black Art and House Doctor.
The Condensed Edition Bootcamp is followed by the optional Online Bootcamp. The Online Bootcamp includes a monthly interactive web Q&A and discussion session with the Bootcamp instructor for the following 7 months and access to over 100 hours of recorded presentations.
Healthcare information services professionals, IT professionals in health organizations and industry, e-health staff, and healthcare providers can all benefit from attending this course.
• The Bootcamp gives an excellent overview of Health Informatics and eHealth applications.
• It includes interactive learning sessions and great networking opportunities.
• You can deepen your learning by continuing with the Online Bootcamp which offers 100 + hours of video presentations on additional HI topics by experts in the field and monthly discussion sessions.
People who successfully complete the onsite Bootcamp receive a certificate which includes the number of continuing education hours attended by the participant. The Bootcamp is an approved program for CME credits (18 Mainpro-M1 credits, 18 Section 1) and 22 CPE HIM credits. The HI Bootcamp Condensed Edition is an education program offered by the National Institutes of Health Informatics (NIHI).
For more information and registration, see http://www.nihi.ca/index.php?MenuItemID=347
Readers of Canadian Healthcare Technology’s e-Messenger may use the following code to obtain special pricing before end-of-day March 31: CHT14BC.
Using this code, you will obtain:
• $100 off the Bootcamp Classic registration option (2-day onsite Bootcamp followed by the Online Bootcamp)
• $50 off the Bootcamp Lite registration option (2-day onsite Bootcamp only).