The EMR: Every Step Conference is an interactive day to learn about what’s new in certified Electronic Medical Records (EMRs), participate in EMR vendor training, network with your peers and visit the vendor showcase. It is being held September 22, 2016 at the International Conference Centre, Toronto.
The conference leverages the EMR experiences and expertise of Physician, Clinic Manager and Nurse Peer Leaders along with other physicians and EMR specialists who have developed the concurrent sessions.
The conference includes a keynote address by Dr. Danielle Martin (pictured).
Danielle Martin is a family doctor and national media commentator on the health issues that hit closest to home for many Canadian families. She practices in the Family Practice Health Centre at Women’s College Hospital (WCH) where she is also the vice-president medical affairs & health system solutions.
In 2013, Danielle was named one of the Toronto Star’s top “13 People to Watch” – and watch they have.
Appearing regularly on CBC’s The National, where she unpacks hot health topics from the latest in cancer research to physician assisted dying, Danielle has been a strong advocate for removing barriers to care and improving equity across Canada.
Best known for her debate on the merits of the Canadian vs. American health systems in a U.S. Senate Subcommittee hearing in Washington, D.C. with Senator Richard Burr and Bernie Sanders, she has continued to defend and define the ways that we can make our healthcare system even more worthy of our immense national pride.
Since her first year of practice, when she helped launch Canadian Doctors for Medicare, Danielle has gone on to help found the WCH Institute for Health System Solutions and Virtual Care – a hub of innovation dedicated to solving the health gaps in our system. From a national pharmacare program dedicated to ensuring that all Canadians can access necessary medications, to a basic income to protect the health of low-income Canadians – Danielle’s policy work, research and advocacy focus is on closing the health gaps faced by vulnerable Canadians.
What you get:
• Access to all educational sessions and the opportunity to earn CME credits (a minimum $100+ value)
• Attend EMR Training Workshops for which your EMR vendor would charge a training fee (For current users of the EMRs featured in the workshops)
• Keynote Address by Dr. Danielle Martin, vice-president medical affairs & health system solutions, Women’s College Hospital (WCH)
• The opportunity to meet with EMR vendors and other exhibitors all in one day
• Individual appointments with OntarioMD Peer Leaders (appointments are limited so make one soon)
• Learn about the EMR Progress Assessment and try it
• Network with your colleagues
• Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks
• Free parking