Applications open for accelerator in Boston
July 9, 2014
BOSTON – The Canadian Technology Accelerator in Boston (CTA @ Boston) is a 4-month immersion program that connects your business to the unique resources and contacts in New England to help accelerate your growth. The benefits of participating in the CTA and the resources in Greater Boston are highlighted below.
Accelerator candidates are small to mid-sized Canadian companies from Life Sciences, ICT (Including Green IT and Health IT), Robotics and Security technologies, and emerging food product sectors, with initial traction in the market, differentiated technology, and potential to scale the business through the CTA experience in Boston.
Benefits of participating in the CTA@Boston:
- Space/services at the Cambridge Innovation Center in Kendall Square for up to 4 months.
- Trade Commissioner’s Assistance – including connections in the territory to help meet your goals.
- Mentors – from the Canadian Entrepreneurs in New England (www.TheCENE.org).
- Pitch Coach to refine your investor, partner, or client-focused presentation.
- Member privileges at key industry associations.
- Introductions to potential industry partners/funding groups/customers.
- Weekly CTA Client Newsletter highlighting upcoming events/opportunities.
You’ll find the following resources in the Greater Boston area:
- Over 400 biotechnology companies.
- R&D sites for global pharmaceutical companies.
- Strong tech cluster (Microsoft, Google, Amazon, EMC, Akamai, IBM, Nuance).
- World renowned research institutions (MIT, Harvard, Tufts, Northeastern).
- Venture Capital Firms, Corporate VCs and Angel investors interested in Canadian technologies.
The online CTA@Boston application opens Wednesday, July 2, 2014 through Wednesday, July 23, close of business. More info at:
Canadian Technology Accelerator Coordinator | Coordinatrice du ATC (or Accélérateurs Technologiques Canadiens)
Tel.| Tél. 617-247-5154
Consulate General of Canada | Consulat général du Canada
Three Copley Place, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116