Learn the best practices in health-tech procurement
March 24, 2021
WATERLOO, Ont. – Healthcare organizations and companies are aspiring to improve clinical outcomes and reduce costs through the use of new equipment and better technologies. However, procurement is frequently highlighted as one of the biggest perceived barriers to adopting innovation within healthcare systems.
The purpose of this program is to equip participants with the knowledge, tools, and best practices needed to design and execute successful procurement projects that enable the adoption of beneficial and innovative solutions in healthcare settings.
Program sessions will focus on understanding the Canadian procurement framework and regulations, exploring various procurement models and strategies for stakeholder engagement, and establishing a framework for executing successful procurement and change management processes.
Laurie Lafleur (pictured): MBA, CIIP: Healthcare IT Consultant; Professor, Health Information Science; NIHI Instructor
NIHI – McMaster University Navigating Healthcare Procurement
10 Sessions 10 Hours
April 27 – June 29, 2021
12:00 – 1:00 PM ET | Live, Interactive, Online via Webex
Special attention will be paid to the role of value-based, or ‘innovation procurement’ as an agile model for adopting, or participating in the design of, new and innovative healthcare solutions.
This program is for clinical, operational, and technical senior staff who are planning to undertake a MedTech or Healthcare IT/informatics procurement project or seek to find new ways to introduce innovative solutions into their healthcare organizations.
Upon completion you will be awarded a NIHI – McMaster CE Certificate of Attendance in Navigating Healthcare Procurement. A certificate of attendance is a non-academic certificate acknowledging that the recipient has completed a minimum of 10 hours of education/training in the subject area.
- Introduction to procurement
- Leadership and governance structures
- Stakeholder engagement models and strategies
- Needs identification and prioritization
- Canadian and key international market procurement structure and regulations
- Procurement models and vehicles
- How to leverage value-based (innovation) procurement
- Framework for executing successful procurement projects
- Vendor evaluation and selection models and strategies
- Change management strategies
- CEOs, CIOs, CMIOs, CTOs looking to undertake MedTech or Healthcare IT/informatics procurement initiatives in their organizations.
- Healthcare providers and managers with a desire to leverage and/or participate in the design of innovative solutions to better support care delivery and cost optimization.
Registration and additional information: http://www.nihi.ca/index.php?MenuItemID=601