Juno EMR addresses the inefficiencies of electronic records
April 30, 2021
Why are ever-increasing numbers of Canadian medical practitioners choosing Juno EMR as their patient management platform? Simple. It lets them spend more time with patients and less on patient admin.
Currently in use at 400+ clinics with 3,000 practitioners managing over 3.5 million patient charts, Juno EMR (Juno) has remained one of the best kept secrets in Canadian healthcare. But rising sales indicate that the secret’s out.
In a recent survey, 97 percent of Juno customers said they’d recommend it to their colleagues. Currently, some 48 percent of Juno clinics are GPs, while the other 52 percent are allied health professionals. The positive sentiments concern Juno’s feature range and best-in-class service vs. other providers that are not solely invested in the medical sector.
Juno is wholly-owned by CloudMD (www.cloudmd.ca), a pioneer in the delivery of ubiquitous whole-patient care for all. CloudMD knew that Canadian EMR platforms were lagging behind comparable solutions in other industries, impacting the efficiency and accuracy of patient care, while consuming practitioner time. So Juno EMR was built to address the inefficiencies of EMR software for practitioner use, and the perceived poor customer service within the EMR market.
Juno was built on OSCAR, due to its pre-existing large footprint in the market as an open source EMR and practice manager software application. Juno delivers a more flexible and intuitive user experience, enabling practitioners to spend more time on patient care.
Typical EMR platforms include features often known only to power users. But Juno is easily customized, giving every clinician access to the full power of their EMR software.
Juno quickens workflow for practitioners, and reduces the click-path to pertinent clinical information. Customizable templates, adaptable to every type of practice, ensure practitioners drastically cut their admin load.
Let’s look at Juno features, including what’s coming in future rollouts.
Simplicity of use. Juno is clean and intuitive with a modern user interface, drag and drop scheduling, note/form templates, patient self-scheduling, appointment confirmations and more.
Continuity for clinics. Practitioners can use classic OSCAR as needed by toggling between Juno and OSCAR UIs.
SaaS based, hosted in secure Canadian data centres. Clinics need not buy or maintain special hardware or concern themselves with local servers crashing or security issues.
Constant access. Web-based, Juno can be accessed via any device, any time.
Flexibility. Juno can be configured to meet most clinics’ needs (GP or allied health professional). Users quickly become operational, with 1-1 training and onboarding that is second to none in the industry.
Integration. Billing is seamlessly integrated into Juno, through its ClinicAid billing system, a recognized leader in Canadian billing, handling tens of thousands of invoices daily. Integrations with labs, prescribing and fax systems are included.
Utilizing a patient portal, patients can self-schedule and manage their appointments in real time, including hi-resolution telehealth. Virtual appointments show up immediately, displaying a camera icon to the practitioner, and can be launched from within Juno. CloudMD offers Juno as part of its B2C virtual offering. Patient charts are created in Juno in the backend during every encounter. More than 150,000 subscribers have already downloaded the app for this service. As new virtual-only clinics emerge, they are also using Juno in the backend for their patient charts.
For more information on Juno go to www.junoemr.com/CHT
Richard Atkins is Group Sales Director at CloudMD Software & Services Inc.