Privacy & Security
OHA conference provides update on cyber-risks
November 4, 2015
TORONTO – The Ontario Hospital Association will be holding an in-person conference and webinar on the topic of De-Mystifying Cyber Risk: Protecting Your Privacy and Reputation in the Information Economy. The session will take place on December 3, 2015, and features an array of leading health sector privacy and IT experts.
The day-long conference will be chaired by Leigh Popov (pictured), Chief Information Officer at Bayshore HealthCare. Session speakers include:
- Jeff Curtis, Chief Privacy Officer, Sunnybrook Health Sciences
- John Weigelt, National Technology Officer, Microsoft Canada
- Nathan Sherlock, VP, Managed Services Technology, Herjavec Group
- Bosco Chan, Chief Privacy Officer, Ontario Association of Community Care Access Centres
- Patrick Malcolm, Cyber Security Expert, Netrunner
- Paul Lewis, Executive Consultant, Security Services, IBM Canada
This event targets cyber risk and security managers, chief information officers, chief privacy officers, chief financial officers, chief technology officers, chief data officers, chief security officers, chief operations officers, corporate vice-presidents, executive vice-presidents, network and system administrators, business unit directors and managers, government and public sector leaders, legal counsel, risk advisors and analysts.
Participants will learn about developing an organizational security program. They will also hear case studies and lessons learned from industry experts.
Discussions will address the state of cyber risk litigation in Canada, and advances in algorithms for automated notifications related to patient privacy breaches.
For further information, please see http://www.oha.com/Education/EventCalendar/Pages/