Mohawk Shared Services merges with Medbuy
June 7, 2017
BURLINGTON, Ont. – Ontario based healthcare shared services organization Mohawk Shared Services Inc., and national healthcare group purchasing organization Medbuy Corporation have announced the completion of their merger.
Tony DiEmanuele (pictured) has been appointed president and CEO of the new organization, called Mohawk Medbuy Corp. As the previous CEO of Mohawk, Tony’s proven leadership, relevant industry experience and knowledge offer the business continuity that is required to lead the new organization through the transition period while positioning it for future national growth.
“As we refine and enhance our processes by building on the best of both organizations, we remain committed to offering exceptional customer service, ensuring we are meeting the individual needs of each of our Members, and continuing with a model where our members are actively engaged in contract decisions. Our goal is to be our Member’s partner of choice,” said Mr. DiEmanuele.
Mohawk Medbuy offers an expanded value proposition for healthcare organizations across Canada, creating a unique national organization offering significant benefits through a wide array of services, including:
- Strategic Sourcing and Contract Management
- Just-in-time distribution of medical and surgical products
- Pharmaceutical procurement
- Accounts Payable Services
- Spend Analytics
- Linen Services
- Clinical Engagement
- Capital procurement (through partnership with St. Joseph’s Health System, GPO)
- Together, the new entity is servicing more than 120 hospital members and over 300 additional healthcare organizations. It has more than $1 billion in member spend under contract, offering significant purchasing power.
- According to the company, it offered more than 15% in savings annually to members over the last 5 years.
- Achievements include:
- 1,000 medical surgical contracts managed on behalf of members
- 200,000 contracted items, offering a broad range of products to choose from
- 300,000 accounts payable invoices processed annually
- $2 billion in member spend data analyzed annually to optimize contract utilization
- 13 million kgs of linens processed annually
As a single integrated organization, Mohawk Medbuy Corporation is well positioned to continue contributing to improved patient experience and outcomes by ensuring access to high quality products and services, and by continuing to help drive the procurement and adoption of innovative solutions in the healthcare system.
About Mohawk Medbuy Corporation
Mohawk Medbuy Corporation optimizes delivery of high quality and best priced medical/surgical products and pharmaceuticals through its clinical engagement, end to end supply chain, back office, and data analytics services. Additional services include Strategic Sourcing and Contract Management, Logistics, Accounts Payable services, Linen Services, Diagnostic Imaging Repository, Employee Assistance Program (working with LifeWorks) and Capital procurement (through a formal partnership with St. Joseph’s Health System, GPO).