Risk management: protect yourself and your patients
November 1, 2017
TORONTO – As a healthcare professional or advisor, you know that medical malpractice cases continue to make headlines. More and more claims are being brought against healthcare organizations and people like you, who work within them.
Being on the receiving end of a lawsuit can be challenging in the extreme and cause you and your organization great stress. You need to know your legal responsibilities and be able to effectively reduce and manage these legal risks.
Protect yourself and your patients – this Osgoode Certificate will provide you with the critical knowledge you need to avoid claims and defend them if they happen.
The Osgoode Certificate in Clinical Risk, Negligence & Claims Management in Health Care
February 5-9, 2018
In Person or Webcast
- Risk management issues with health records, privacy and new health information technology
- How to conduct post-incident investigations and what disclosure should be made, by whom and when?
- How to deal with adverse events that can lead to organizational crisis
- The rising spectre of class actions in healthcare: how should your organization respond?
- The impact of being sued: dealing with the pressure of litigation
- Responding to risk in specialty areas including obstetrics, diagnosis, medication and mental health, and a practical overview of current litigation trends in these areas
- Health care risk: a view from the Bench
- The disruptive professional – implications for risk management
To learn more or register, please click here: http://www.osgoodepd.ca/upcoming_programs/the-osgoode-certificate-in-clinical-risk-negligence-and-claims-management-in-health-care/