MEDTEQ expands the Beachhead network
January 22, 2020
Montreal – The Industrial Consortium for Innovation in Medical Technologies, MEDTEQ (Canada and Quebec) is proud to announce the expansion of its Beachhead network. The Beachhead program is a partnership between centres of excellence and industry to accelerate the adoption of value-based innovations.
The Beachhead centres form a network that shares evaluation processes, best technologies and training practices to improve Canadian home-grown innovations implementation while increasing each participant’s visibility.
Four new centres of excellence in Canada and an additional centre abroad will aim to foster pan-Canadian and international collaborations within the Canadian medical technologies sector. MEDTEQ welcomes these new centres in the Beachhead network:
- BioAlberta, Alberta Health Services and Alberta Innovates are joining forces to plan a Beachhead in the province. Building on their experience in adopting innovations into care, the Alberta Beachhead members will be able to access, and share with others within the network, best practices and technologies.
- The Ottawa Hospital, a Canadian pioneer in innovation, especially in digital health.
- The Centre for Aging + Brain Health Innovation (CABHI), powered by Baycrest, focuses on solutions in aging, brain health, and dementia. CABHI has developed an international reputation for validating innovations in real-world care settings, and supporting innovators in the spread, scale, and adoption of solutions.
- The University of Waterloo through the Centre for Bioengineering and Biotechnology, and in collaboration with two hospitals of the Waterloo area, bringing the field expertise of regional clinical sites.
- The IHU (Institute Hospital-University) Strasbourg, based in France, specializing in image-guided surgery and minimally invasive techniques.
This expansion of the Beachhead program will further facilitate the structuring of national and international partnerships and funding opportunities for collaborative projects and for innovative medtech companies. This global expansion is also a clear step forward for MEDTEQ, with the support of the Canadian government, towards improving patients’ care.
MEDTEQ is a catalyst for this environment through its network, collaborative initiatives, operational support and financing tools. These new partnerships will be the opportunity to bolster new and existing projects and funding opportunities for companies within these regions, while additionally benefitting from the advantages offered by the MEDTEQ network. The Beachhead program is gaining prominence worldwide as several additional organizations abroad have requested to join this network.
“We are delighted to expand the Beachhead network, which will benefit Canadian patients’ care. Tightly coupled with a growing international web of launch sites to accelerate market presence, the Canadian Beachhead backbone is becoming a game changing contributor in the industry,” said Diane Côté (pictured), CEO of MEDTEQ.
MEDTEQ is the pan-Canadian Consortium for Industrial Research and Innovation in Medical Technology. Its mission is to accelerate the development of innovative technological solutions to improve patients’ health and quality of life. MEDTEQ supports their validation and integration in the healthcare system and their impact, both locally and globally, by bringing together the complementary skills of industrial and academic partners, and with those of healthcare providers. MEDTEQ relies on the financial support of the Government of Quebec, the Government of Canada (delivered through the Centres of Excellence for Commercialization and Research (CECR)), the private sector and complementary partners to foster research-industry relations. For more information, visit www.medteq.ca.