Education & Training
Are you ready to draft effective I.T. agreements?
February 5, 2020
TORONTO – Technology is now a part of every aspect of healthcare in hospitals, clinics and long-term care organizations. When negotiating and drafting IT agreements, you need to know what to look out for to anticipate problems, cover-off key points and adequately protect your client’s interests. Are you prepared?
Osgoode’s Certificate in Negotiating & Drafting IT Agreements is an innovate course offering a deep dive into the essential aspects of structuring, negotiating and drafting IT agreements. The sessions, starting March 26th, are available on-site and via webcast.
Program Director, Bradley Limpert leads an expert faculty of legal and IT specialists from leading technology companies to provide you with the knowledge and practical skills you need to competently and confidently negotiate and draft IT agreements.
Over the course of four intensive days, you will acquire a comprehensive overview of key factors relevant to structuring an IT agreement, and practical tools to enable you to draft and negotiate the contentious clauses. You will also learn the critical business, technological, and IP aspects underlying IT agreements, so that you can approach your contracts with a thorough grounding in essential concepts. Topics include:
- Fundamentals of IT System components, players and activities
- Advanced negotiation strategies and tactics
- The key IP issues that affect IT agreements
- Strategies for allocating liability in an IT contract
- Critical cross-border considerations
- Best practices for proceeding ethically in contract negotiations
- Critical security and privacy issues and how to manage them
- Addressing compliance challenges in open source software licensing
- Drafting and negotiation issues that impact IT agreements
- Emerging issues and technology trends
This Certificate features blended in-person and online learning, including two Online Primers (1 hour each) – both are available on-demand upon registration:
- Navigating Ethical Issues in IT Transactions
- Understanding IT System Development Methodologies
Your learning will also be enhanced and reinforced by applying what you’ve learned in a take-home drafting assignment and during two small group, skills-based “learn by doing” drafting and negotiation workshops where you will receive personalized feedback from IT agreement specialists.
In addition to comprehensive course materials, participants will receive materials from the text Technology Contracting: Law, Precedents and Commentary.
For more details and registration, see https://www.osgoodepd.ca/upcoming_programs/the-osgoode-certificate-in-negotiating-drafting-it-agreements/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=internal+email&utm_campaign=certificate+it+agreements .