How to prepare for and prevent data breaches
September 2, 2020
TORONTO – As critical as it is, cybersecurity can feel so overwhelming that many don’t know where to start. This Osgoode Professional Development program provides you with a succinct overview of how to prevent, prepare for and protect against a data breach incident. You will get practical and relevant tactics to help you develop and refine the skills you need to ensure a cyber-resilient organization.
Designed to address cybersecurity lapses and other data breach challenges, this timely in-person and online program features two intensive half-days, to provide you with the skills you need to prevent and prepare for an organizational data breach to confidently – and competently – protect against cybersecurity threats.
Instruction draws from examples of cybersecurity designs, plans, incident responses, insurance policies, and procedures. You will also learn the questions you need to ask to ensure appropriate prevention measures are in place. Using a sample case scenario in a simulation, you will get hands-on experience so that you know how to effectively counter potential threats and actual attacks.
Data Breaches & Cybersecurity Incidents: The Legal Guide to Preparedness and Response
November 20 & 27, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. EST
Online – Live, Interactive
You will gain:
- A thorough understanding of how to assess risks, damages, insurance and privilege
- Data loss, security and breach prevention strategies and tools
- Strategies for cybersecurity preparedness – incident management plans, data breach response and reputation management
- Key updates/trends in data breach law, privacy law & security practices
- Tactics for acclimating to evolving breach notification and privacy requirements
Can’t attend live? Catch-up anytime with new 120-day program access.
To learn more or register, please click here.