WELL buys stake in physiotherapy provider
October 28, 2020
VANCOUVER – WELL Health Technologies Corp, a company focused on modernizing the primary healthcare sector, announced a plan to buy 51% of Easy Allied, a private British Columbia corporation. The remaining 49% of the shares of Easy Allied will be retained by Armin Ghayyur, the founder and CEO, who will continue to operate the company on a post-closing basis.
Easy Allied Health is comprised of a network of allied health professionals focusing on supporting patients in the fields of physiotherapy, occupational therapy, kinesiology, and counselling. Its objective is to assist patients to regain and maintain independence, save them time and help them manage pain. Easy Allied’s growing team currently features 17 allied health specialists.
“We’re thrilled to welcome Armin Ghayyur, and the rest of the Easy Allied team to the WELL family,” said Hamed Shahbazi (pictured), chairman and CEO of WELL. “Due to the versatile nature of Easy Allied’s service delivery capabilities and their contracts with long-term care homes, Easy Allied was able to provide valuable essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic and demonstrate significant value to their patients.”
Under the terms of the agreement, WELL will pay $1.1 million in cash and shares.
“As a physiotherapist who is committed to improving my profession, I can see how partnerships such as Easy Allied and WELL Health can help address systemic challenges by improving access to care and improving care coordination between allied health professionals and medical doctors,” said Armin Gayyur, founder and CEO of Easy Allied Health.
“We have always seen WELL Health as an innovator in the healthcare marketplace and look forward to leveraging their technology solutions to empower allied health practitioners and their patients with telehealth and other leading-edge digital solutions.”
WELL is an omni-channel digital health company whose overarching objective is to empower doctors to provide the best and most advanced care possible while leveraging the latest trends in digital health. As such, WELL owns and operates 20 primary healthcare clinics, is Canada’s third largest digital Electronic Medical Records (EMR) supplier, serving over 2,000 medical clinics, operates a leading national telehealth service and is a provider of digital health and cybersecurity related technology solutions.