How to manage clinical risk, negligence, and claims
November 4, 2020
TORONTO – In 2020, as a healthcare organization or advisor, you are under increased pressure and scrutiny. Ensuring you understand your legal responsibilities and being able to effectively reduce and manage your legal risk has never been more critical. Now in its 10th year, OsgoodePD’s Certificate in Clinical Risk, Negligence and Claims Management in Healthcare, has been specifically developed for healthcare professionals and their advisors to respond to these challenges.
Date & Time
December 1, 8, 15, 2020 & January 19, 26, 2021
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EST
Live – Online
The course will cover:
- Managing a healthcare pandemic: risks, best practices, litigation fallout
- Understanding key patient safety concepts
- Linking patient safety, risk management and the role of the risk manager
- Conducting post-incident investigations
- Dealing with adverse events, including how to effectively work with the media
- Defence best practices, mitigation strategies, importance of documentation, tips & tools on evidence preservation
- The impact of being sued: dealing with the pressure of litigation
- Healthcare risk: a view from the Bench
- Michael B. Fraleigh, Partner, Fogler Rubinoff LLP
Osgoode Professional Development is a world leader in law school lifelong learning. Part of Osgoode Hall Law School, one of the oldest and best law schools in Canada, we offer credit and non-credit programs for Canadian and international lawyers, paralegals, professionals, and firms and organizations.
Our Continuing Legal Education programs range from one-hour briefings to conferences and short courses taught by practising lawyers and a range of experts in other disciplines. For in-depth study of a particular legal subject or to sharpen your skills, consider one of OsgoodePD’s Certificate programs for lawyers or professionals. You can also customize your own group program to deliver the in-depth, practical training your employees or team require.