BlueDot system predicts Influenza-like illness
May 3, 2023
TORONTO – BlueDot has launched a dedicated Influenza-like-illness (ILI) intelligence solution that offers timely insights to anticipate, assess, and act against ILI risks. This will arm organizations with the foresight and intelligence needed to accurately plan for the demand of medical or non-medical countermeasures, quickly assess how ILI activity will disrupt specific communities, and better engage stakeholders on important ILI trends, the company says.
ILIs are highly contagious and can impact as much as 20 percent of the population during the winter months, according to the World Health Organization.
“It can be challenging to plan for an upcoming ILI season as they vary significantly due to changes in weather, circulating pathogens, social habits, and the impact that COVID-19 continues to have on populations, said Andrea Thomas (pictured), director of Epidemiology at BlueDot. “Despite the complexity of these challenges, our intelligence empowers organizations to better anticipate the size and severity of upcoming seasons and provides continuous situational awareness so that they can prepare and respond in a way that reduces the disruption to healthcare, businesses, and society.”
Key features of the new offering includes:
- early warning and expert assessments of newly emerging high-consequence global ILI activity;
- a comprehensive view of ILI activity with historical and annual cases and deaths;
- current, compelling, and actionable bi-weekly reports on ILI activity that enable organizations to develop effective risk communications and vaccination campaigns tailored to specific communities and stakeholders;
- instant access to global demographic, disease, and location drivers of burden that pinpoint who is most at-risk for disruption, and where;
- advanced warning of influenza season starts so you can better prepare for the upcoming season;
- rolling influenza forecasts that identify total activity available both out-of-season and in-season to inform supply and procurement plans.
BlueDot Inc., a leading organization that uses artificial and human intelligence to detect, assess, and respond to infectious disease threats worldwide, has introduced an innovative new Influenza-like-illness (ILI) business offering. The intelligence products are designed to help organizations mitigate the impact of respiratory viruses like influenza and COVID-19, by providing expert guidance and valuable insights to reduce disruption and safeguard public health.
BlueDot’s intelligence platform empowers public and private sector organizations to rapidly identify, understand, and effectively respond to global biothreats. Combining human and artificial intelligence to track hundreds of infectious diseases and syndromes worldwide, it applies academic data science expertise to anticipate global spread and impact. BlueDot ensures clients know first when disease events emerge, are prepared to respond, can focus on what matters, and can act swiftly and confidently when needed. Founded in 2013 and used by the City of Chicago, Taiwan CDC, Air Canada and more, BlueDot helps clients make critical decisions with clarity and confidence. Learn more at http://www.bluedot.global.