Learn how to build and use effective dashboards
September 13, 2023
WATERLOO, Ont. – The National Institutes of Health Informatics (NIHI) is offering an online, microcredential course on the use of dashboards in healthcare. The online sessions are live and interactive, and recordings are available for missed sessions.
The development of effective data visualization tools empowers healthcare leaders to make data-informed decisions. Adopting interactive and user-friendly dashboards facilitates the interpretation of data. Users gain insights that benefit the organization’s performance. This course will outline a practical approach to developing and adopting dashboards that healthcare leaders will want to use.
October 10 – December 12, 2023
Tuesdays, 12:00 – 1:00 PM ET
- Introduction to the course, the relevancy of dashboards in healthcare settings and challenges & opportunities
- Iterative Dashboard Development Methodology
- Consumer-Driven Data Visualization Framework for dashboard design and methods for requirements gathering
- Foundations of data storytelling and creating user-friendly dashboards
- UI/UX principles for dashboard design & Wireframing
- Data Visualization Selection Process
- The Art & Science of Data Visualization
- Dashboard Layout & Structure with the Guided-Analytics Approach
- User Training & Dashboard Sustainment
- Measuring Adoption & Governance of Dashboards
- Prepare dashboards to facilitate data-driven decision making in healthcare organizations.
- Showcase data visualization techniques to effectively communicate with data.
- Demonstrate effective change management practices for dashboard adoption.
Your instructor: Ahmad Chamy (pictured), BSc, MHA, is Power BI instructor, BCIT, and an instructor with NIHI. Ahmad is the founder of D Cubed Analytics, a boutique healthcare analytics firm based in Vancouver. Ahmad leads a team of Business Intelligence Consultants who provide technical expertise and dashboard development services to public & private healthcare organizations across Canada.