Can you manage Cloud and SaaS risks?
June 8, 2016
TORONTO – Outsourcing IT services, software and storage has become a core aspect of modern business, which has created new and often unforeseen sources of potential liability. Risks can include costly business interruptions, embarrassing security breaches and permanent data loss. As a lawyer, in-house counsel or IT professional, you need to know how to effectively and safely navigate through Cloud and SaaS based environments.
2016 Guide to Legal & Business Risk Management in Cloud and SaaS Based Environments
September 30, 2016
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
In one intensive day, you will learn how to manage the legal and business risks that come with utilizing the Cloud and SaaS. You will leave this program with practical risk management solutions that can be put to immediate use.
- Cloud Computing Agreements: critical drafting and risk management considerations
- Legal vs. practical aspects of IP and data ownership
- The customer checklist ? what you need to think through when choosing your cloud provider
- Privacy and security: what constitutes a reasonable compromise on behalf of the vendors and customers?
- Effectively allocating risk between the licensee and licensor
- When the cloud goes dark: what to do if your cloud company goes bankrupt or fails to perform
- Questions you must ask before signing a cloud computing agreement
- The role of cyber insurance in managing privacy risk
- How to conduct effective due diligence on the SaaS provider
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to hear from top legal and IT experts as they give you practical advice on managing the key risks and challenges when operating in Cloud and SaaS environments.
Join us in-person or via webcast. Reserve your spot today!
To learn more or register, please click here http://www.osgoodepd.ca/upcoming_programs/2016-guide-to-legal-business-risk-management-in-cloud-and-saas-based-environments/