e-Health Conference 2017: The Future of Digital Health
May 3, 2017
TORONTO – This year’s e-Health Conference will focus on “The Future of Digital Health and the People who Benefit.” During the Conference, attendees will celebrate, grow and be inspired by learnings from the past and present, and look to the future state of digital health in Canada. From coast to coast to coast, e-Health will showcase the many facets of our nation’s digital health journey.
As an attendee, you can learn from regional and international speakers, engage with current and future leaders, maximize your networking opportunities during the trade show and social events, and celebrate achievements at the Canadian Health Informatics Awards Gala.
Special events such as the Showcase and Hackathon round out the many entertaining and educational opportunities offered this year. With more than 250 world-class presenters, this Conference will be your premiere health informatics networking and learning opportunity for 2017.
Conference Program Highlights
Sunday, June 4
The Sunday Symposium: Empowering the Healthcare Consumer. You can register for this full-day Symposium as part of the entire conference, or as a stand-alone event.
Monday, June 5
Opening Keynote Address on “Predicting Excellence: Going for Gold in Health Care”
- Anne Merklinger, Chief Executive Officer, Own the Podium, Canada
- Paul Robinson, AVP, Credit Risk, Canadian Tire Bank, Canada
- Afternoon Plenary: International Perspectives Panel
- Jeremy Theal (pictured), MD FRCPC, Chief Medical Information Officer, North York General Hospital, Canada (Pictured)
- Richard Corbridge, Chief Executive Officer, eHealth Ireland, Ireland
- David Hay, MBChB, Medicine, Product Strategist, Orion Health, New Zealand
Tuesday, June 6
Morning Plenary on “From Fax Machines to 3D Printing – Digital Health at Warp Speed” by Julielynn Wong, MD, MPH, Founder, Chairman, & CEO, 3D4MD, Canada
Wednesday, June 7
Closing Keynote Address on “Harnessing the Internet of Healthy Things” by Joseph C. Kvedar, MD, Vice President, Connected Health at Partners Healthcare, United States
The full Conference program is available at http://www.e-healthconference.com
Hacking Mental Health in the Workplace
Calling all hackers, designers, developers and engineers! Join Hacking Health’s biggest hackathon EVER with up to $675,000 of grants allocated to transform your hackathon prototypes into fully baked and potentially commercially viable solutions.
Hacking Health is back at the National e-Health 2017 Conference & Annual Tradeshow and collaborating with CIHR and the Mental Health Commission of Canada to tackle one of Canada’s most pressing challenges: workplace mental health and wellbeing.
The goal of this hackathon is to develop innovative, evidence-informed, gender-responsive and culturally appropriate digital mental health solutions that foster the labour-force participation of women, men and gender-diverse people at risk of or struggling with workplace stress or mental health injuries.
Registration is now open – sign up today.
The Showcase has been an integral part of e-Health since 2007. Building on the outstanding success of the regional success stories component introduced in 2014, we will again be featuring some of the great innovations and collaborations between the public and private sector.
Attend a Success Story demonstration in the showcase theatres to hear how jurisdictions have implemented innovative e-Health solutions, and topics related to e-Health Innovation.
Presentation times are:
- Monday, June 5, from 10:00am – 11:45am and 2:30pm – 4:00pm
- Tuesday, June 6, from 9:30am – 10:15am and 2:00pm – 3:30pm
- Exhibit Floor: Start Up Zone
- The e-Health Start Up Zone is designed to feature new and innovating start-ups and medium-sized companies that are using emerging technology and new delivery models to improve healthcare in Canada.
- Visit the exhibit floor to view the latest in digital health innovations! Times are:
- Monday, June 5, from 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Tuesday, June 6, from 9:30am – 6:30pm
About e-Health Conference
In its 17th year, the e-Health conference continues to offer proactive, top-quality learning and an opportunity to network with organizations and people that value quality health information as well as effective integrated system solutions. Since its inception, the Conference has attracted a steadily increasing attendance, now upwards of 1,500+ delegates. Join us for the 2017 e-Health Conference happening in Toronto, Ontario from June 4 – 7, 2017. More information can be found on our website at http://www.e-healthconference.com/