New apps added to WELL’s marketplace
November 4, 2020
VANCOUVER – WELL Health Technologies Corp. has expanded its apps.health marketplace to include a total of 26 digital health applications provided by 14 different app publishers.
apps.health is WELL’s digital health app marketplace and innovation hub that connects digital health technology companies and software developers to the WELL network of over 2,000 primary healthcare clinics and 10,000 physicians across Canada.
Its mission is to connect healthcare professionals with new and pioneering solutions or “apps” which integrate securely and seamlessly with a clinic’s Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software.
“We’ve experienced an incredible amount of interest and activity with our apps.health marketplace since launching only a few weeks ago and I am very excited with the launch of six new apps on the marketplace today,” said Hamed Shahbazi (pictured), chairman and CEO of WELL. “apps.health is a unique platform that provides a single destination where clinicians and healthcare providers can discover digital tools and applications that have been reviewed and curated by WELL to ensure meaningful clinical value and effectiveness.”
The new apps added to the apps.health marketplace include:
- DoctorCare provides transparent and detailed financial reporting, analytics, insights and recommendations that ensure doctors have peace of mind in understanding their billings and are empowered to optimize their practice. (In a separate announcement, WELL Health Technologies said it also acquired DoctorCare.)
- Safe Entry by Phelix.ai is a smart contactless COVID-19 screening app that provides a clinic check-in solution that protects both patients and staff; while also providing wait-list notification, wayfinding and remote ID and consent verification.
- iamsick by Empower Health is a Canada-wide directory of hospitals, medical clinics and pharmacies. It includes online appointment booking and wait-times and is widely available on web and mobile devices.
- Pro Reminders by WELL Health provides customized reminder messages that can be sent to patients via SMS, email or phone; thereby reducing last minute cancellations and no-shows to optimize a clinic’s efficiency.
- BookMD by WELL Health is an online booking tool that can be managed directly within the OSCAR Pro allowing clinics to provide customized appointment booking capabilities to rostered patients.
In addition to these new applications, WELL previously published 20 applications on the apps.health marketplace, including services such as telehealth, online patient booking, referral handling and AI workflow automation. The apps.health developer program provides assistance to third party developers to integrate with WELL’s OSCAR Pro EMR, and other EMR solutions in the future. For more information on apps.health please visit https://apps.health or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WELL is an omni-channel digital health company whose overarching objective is to empower doctors to provide the best and most advanced care possible while leveraging the latest trends in digital health. As such, WELL owns and operates 20 primary healthcare clinics, is Canada’s third largest digital Electronic Medical Records (EMR) supplier serving over 2,000 medical clinics, operates a leading national telehealth service and is a provider of digital health and cybersecurity related technology solutions. WELL is an acquisitive company that follows a disciplined and accretive capital allocation strategy. To access WELL’s telehealth service, visit virtualclinics.ca and for corporate information, visit www.well.company.