Colleaga combines entrepreneurs with social change
April 7, 2021
TORONTO – Colleaga is delighted to announce the Canadian Chapter of their Global Impact Venture Studio. Colleaga’s global network of impact venture studios and impact funds address current and future challenges within society by sourcing, financing, and accelerating a portfolio of digital solutions for health improvement, poverty reduction, and energy sustainability.
It is designed to:
- Create ventures that can address societal challenges in a sustainable manner
- Utilize innovative social finance structures to finance impact ventures
- Leverage the expertise and creativity within communities and organizations
- Provide passionate innovators with resources and tools to achieve change
Dr. Dan Gordon (pictured), board chair of Colleaga, said: “The COVID-19 Pandemic Crisis has created an innovation landscape that rewards new business models focused on outcomes and value-based services and emphasizes collaboration and speed. Consortiums of innovators from public, academic and private sectors who can co-design effective, sustainable and creative ventures are more important drivers of change and social impact than ever.”
The Canadian Chapter of Colleaga’s Venture Studio is currently cultivating impact innovation projects aimed at Pandemic Recovery. It is addressing issues of rising unemployment, food insecurity, homelessness and declining mental health in Toronto, Ontario and Canada.
Colleaga is looking for venture participants who:
- Seek innovative solutions to traditional problems
- Are an organization seeking to positively expand their social impact
- Want to leverage their expertise and collaboratively solve wicked problems
- Are an investor looking for impact and positive returns
- Are an entrepreneur seeking to join an impactful venture
To learn more about the Impact Venture Studio, RSVP for Colleaga’s upcoming Workshop on April 15th
Launch Event: Toronto Impact Venture Studio | Toronto Impact Venture Studio Community
Colleaga is a a global impact fund and venture studio that specializes in orchestrating innovation partnerships and harnessing the collective intelligence of health and social professionals to turn complex problems into opportunities for economic and social growth. For more information visit www.colleaga.org.