Education & Training
Get questions about medical malpractice answered
January 12, 2022
TORONTO – Working in healthcare brings with it the risk of facing a medical malpractice claim. Do you understand what it entails and how to protect yourself? The Certificate in Health Law will introduce the law of medical malpractice including a mock examination for discovery.
Our experienced counsel will highlight:
- What is medical malpractice and what are the possible causes of action?
- What is the current legal standard of care in a malpractice suit?
- Determining causation; Assessing damages; Defences
- How to use malpractice claims data to improve patient care.
- Daniel Girlando, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Trevor Hall, Healthcare Safety and Risk Management, HIROC
This course will take place on February 23 & March 9, 23, 30 & April 6, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. ET; online, live.
Can’t make the date? Registration includes 120-day unlimited online access to the recorded program.